Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Puto (recipe)

Use silicone muffin cups and a bamboo steamer.

`````````````

Puto
http://cafemunchkin.com/2009/05/21/p...med-rice-cake/

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups rice flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 400ml can (approximately 2 cups) coconut milk

DIRECTIONS:

1. Sift all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then add the
coconut milk and blend well until smooth.

2. Fill greased puto/muffin molds 2/3 full.

3. Steam for 30 minutes and test for doneness by inserting a
toothpick in the center of the puto. The putos are done when the
toothpick comes out clean.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf[_9_] View Post
Use silicone muffin cups and a bamboo steamer.

`````````````

Puto
Cafe Munchkin Puto (Steamed Rice Cake)

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups rice flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 400ml can (approximately 2 cups) coconut milk

DIRECTIONS:

1. Sift all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then add the
coconut milk and blend well until smooth.

2. Fill greased puto/muffin molds 2/3 full.

3. Steam for 30 minutes and test for doneness by inserting a
toothpick in the center of the puto. The putos are done when the
toothpick comes out clean.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

good, I come and have a look
Member

I seen first time about this Puto(recipe).
I try it home and share experience with you soon.
Member

This is what we call "Kakanin" delecacy food during breakfast, very nice ingredients, I'll try to make one ^_^
Member

looks well

Experienced Member

Location: Manila, Philippines

Where I come from, there are so many kinds of puto...correct me if I am wrong, but this is the white fluffy kind, right? I remember eating puto pao, which has a strip of cheese on top. Think this recipe will work well with cheese?
Noemi
Recipe-Finder: The Smart Way to Find Recipes
"Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy." ~Author Unknown
Member

[quote='sf[_9_];1526823']Use silicone muffin cups and a bamboo steamer.

Puto
Cafe Munchkin Puto (Steamed Rice Cake)

look so sweet, do you know where can buy Puto,