Peter Dy

Default new Korean cookbook

"KR" > wrote in message
om...
> Just bought, with much excitement, a cookbook (actually, a pair of
> cookbooks, I (2000) and II (2003)) "Vignette of Korean Cooking" from a
> local Korean-Japanese grocery. Authored, to my interest, by a lady
> from the local Cleveland Korean community

All right! Go Tribe!!

, published in glossy
> full-color large format under the imprints "I-Com" and "Maeilwonsaek".
> I'm not usually one for food pictures, mostly they look staged and
> unnappetizing, but the huge photos in these books look real AND
> delicious. Recipes are printed in both Korean and English. It passes
> the first hurdle of the cookbook test, which is that there should be a
> substantial section of delicious looking vegetable recipes. Also that
> it should go on, and on, in panoramic detail.
>
> Neither book's on Amazon yet, even in the used section, or on abebooks
> or alibris. Makes me wonder what the distribution model is.

Thanks for the heads-up; I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm embarrassed to
say it, but I do not have a single Korean cookbook! Maybe these will be the
one.

Peter

Peter Dy

"Peter Dy" > wrote in message
. com...

> "KR" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Just bought, with much excitement, a cookbook (actually, a pair of
> > cookbooks, I (2000) and II (2003)) "Vignette of Korean Cooking" from a
> > local Korean-Japanese grocery. Authored, to my interest, by a lady
> > from the local Cleveland Korean community

> All right! Go Tribe!!

Btw, krnntp, I'll be heading back to Tribe Country in August. Is there an
outstanding Korean restaurant in town that you would recommend? I know that
since I left in the mid-80's, we've had quite an upsurge in the Korean
population. I'd be surprised if there weren't a great Korean restaurant in
town.

Hey, maybe we could even have a Cleveland A.F.A. BBQ get-to-gether or
something! I don't think you and I are the only ones here.

Peter

Peter Dy

"Peter Dy" > wrote in message
. com...

> "KR" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Just bought, with much excitement, a cookbook (actually, a pair of
> > cookbooks, I (2000) and II (2003)) "Vignette of Korean Cooking" from a
> > local Korean-Japanese grocery. Authored, to my interest, by a lady
> > from the local Cleveland Korean community

> All right! Go Tribe!!

Btw, krnntp, I'll be heading back to Tribe Country in August. Is there an
outstanding Korean restaurant in town that you would recommend? I know that
since I left in the mid-80's, we've had quite an upsurge in the Korean
population. I'd be surprised if there weren't a great Korean restaurant in
town.

Hey, maybe we could even have a Cleveland A.F.A. BBQ get-to-gether or
something! I don't think you and I are the only ones here.

Peter

John Droge

"Peter Dy" > wrote in message
. com...

> "KR" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Just bought, with much excitement, a cookbook (actually, a pair of
> > cookbooks, I (2000) and II (2003)) "Vignette of Korean Cooking" from a
> > local Korean-Japanese grocery. Authored, to my interest, by a lady
> > from the local Cleveland Korean community

> All right! Go Tribe!!
>

> , published in glossy
> > full-color large format under the imprints "I-Com" and "Maeilwonsaek".
> > I'm not usually one for food pictures, mostly they look staged and
> > unnappetizing, but the huge photos in these books look real AND
> > delicious. Recipes are printed in both Korean and English. It passes
> > the first hurdle of the cookbook test, which is that there should be a
> > substantial section of delicious looking vegetable recipes. Also that
> > it should go on, and on, in panoramic detail.
> >
> > Neither book's on Amazon yet, even in the used section, or on abebooks
> > or alibris. Makes me wonder what the distribution model is.

> Thanks for the heads-up; I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm embarrassed to
> say it, but I do not have a single Korean cookbook! Maybe these will be

the
> one.
>
> Peter

How about a web based almost cook book?
Try http://www.skynews.co.kr/main.asp--- English Column--Try Korean dishes
The dishes I've looked at are pretty close to what my ex-wife and her one
sister who lived in America would use for ingredients.
John