KR

Default What to do with fu?

I got some pork fu and I have been eating it out of the carton, with
my fingers. Please advise if there's something else I should be doing
with it, or if it goes well in combination with certain other foods!

Regards - krnntp
Betty Lee

KR > wrote:
+ I got some pork fu and I have been eating it out of the carton, with
+ my fingers. Please advise if there's something else I should be doing
+ with it, or if it goes well in combination with certain other foods!

Traditionally, it goes on rice or rice porridge. It was pretty good
on cold tofu too. Some bakeries make buns with pork fu as a stuffing
in the middle.

Recently, I've been using it on baked potato and on top of salads
(because I have a bunch lying around the house, and I've stopped eating
rice regularly).

Steve Wertz

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:44:02 +0000 (UTC), Betty Lee
> wrote:

>Traditionally, it goes on rice or rice porridge. It was pretty good
>on cold tofu too. Some bakeries make buns with pork fu as a stuffing
>in the middle.
>
>Recently, I've been using it on baked potato and on top of salads
>(because I have a bunch lying around the house, and I've stopped eating
>rice regularly).

I think it goes well with any noodle or rice dish (not just the
chow fun I mentioned earlier). The sweeter version is like cotton
candy (for carnivores).

-sw

Monroe, of course...

In article >, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:44:02 +0000 (UTC), Betty Lee
> > wrote:
>
> >Traditionally, it goes on rice or rice porridge. It was pretty good
> >on cold tofu too. Some bakeries make buns with pork fu as a stuffing
> >in the middle.
> >
> >Recently, I've been using it on baked potato and on top of salads
> >(because I have a bunch lying around the house, and I've stopped eating
> >rice regularly).

> I think it goes well with any noodle or rice dish (not just the
> chow fun I mentioned earlier). The sweeter version is like cotton
> candy (for carnivores).

LOL- I find it's best served with fingers, just like OP sed....

monroe(lazy I guess)