Arri London

Default Deep Fried Hard Boiled Eggs

Steve Wertz wrote:

> I'm reading a book by Corrine Trang, and she mentions that the
> vietnamese deep-fry hard-boiled eggs until they're "golden crisp" on
> the outside (and sometimes servd with a brasied pork hock/shank dish).
>
> This idea is intriguing. Has anybody actually deep-fried an egg? And
> can they really turn out crispy?
>
> Tastewise, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm thinking dry, burnt egg.
> But I just may try it next time I boot-up the oil.
>
> (beware of crosspost to r.f.c)
>
> Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with oyster and sriracha sauces.
>
> -sw

They are called 'mother-in-law' eggs I think. It wouldn't take long so
no reason to have dry burnt egg.
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Arri London" > wrote in message

> They are called 'mother-in-law' eggs I think. It wouldn't take long so
> no reason to have dry burnt egg.

Son-in-law eggs? There's a Thai dish that goes by that name and it involves
eggs, but I don't remember them being deep-fried. I think it's hard-boiled
eggs braised with pork. I can't remember because it's one of those things I
never liked (I have a dislike for hard-boiled eggs) so I stayed away
whenever my dad cooked it for my mom (she used to get cravings for it, but
he didn't).

rona