Nicholas Zhou

Default Raindrop Soup & Sauteed Beef Strips

FREE RECIPES: To get authentic and healthy Chinese recipes and cooking tips
emailed to you in 5 minutes, please subscribe to ChineseFoodDIY.com's weekly
newsletters by sending a blank email to:

Recipe #1:

Raindrop Soup

Ingredients:

6 water chestnuts
2 scallions
1 tblsp sherry
3 cups chicken stock (1 cup = 250 ml)
6 oz diced cooked chicken
salt and pepper

Directions:

Slice the water chestnuts and slice the spring onions
(scallions) finely.

Put these in a sauce pan with the chicken stock and the chicken.
Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.

Add the sherry and season to taste.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Recipe #2:

Sauteed Beef Strips

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. (500g) beef filet or boneless sirloin
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground roasted sesame seed
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 tsp. flour
- 5-6 scallions, white part only 2 cups (500ml) vegetable oil
for deep-frying
- 1/4 tsp. powdered hot red chili
- 1/2 tsp. MSG (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. vinegar

Directions:
1. Wash the beef and cut into 2 by 1 by 1/8 inch
(60mm by 30mm by 3mm) slices. Marinate with the slat,
1 tsp. of the soy sauce, the ginger, 1/4 tsp. of the
MSG (optional) , and the sesame oil for 10 minutes.

2. Cut the scallions in half crosswise, then quarter each
lengthwise into four strips. Set aside.

3. Make a dipping sauce by mixing together the remaining 2tsp
soy sauce and 1/4 tsp. MSG, the chili powder, vinegar,
ginger, garlic, and the sesame seed.

4. Beat the eggs. Add the flour and enough water to make a
paste

5. String the beef strips and scallion, alternating, on
bamboo or metal skewers. Coat with the egg paste.

6. Heat the oil in a pan to moderately hot, about 230oF
(110oC), shallow-fry the beef on both sides until
golden-brown. Remove, drain and serve with the sauce.

Nicholas Zhou - Author
"Real and Healthy Chinese Cooking"
http://www.chinesefooddiy.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FREE RECIPES: To claim your free Chinese recipes, cooking tips
and health articles, email to

EARN 55% COMMISSION:
http://www.chinesefooddiy.com/affiliateprogram.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicholas Zhou

One has no right to comment if he hasn't investigated it. Here are what my
subscribers are saying about out web site and newsletters. I promise I
didn't change any thing before I posted and I have their permissions to post
it here. If you want, I can post more than 800 emails from my subscribers.
But obviously there is no such need. (To keep their privacy, I didn't reveal
their emails.)

I only think some people just have discrimination over people from other
nations.

Nicholas Zhou

Hi, Zhou
Thank you with your on going everyday recipe & cooking tips! they are a
great help when I'm cooking, they keep my family guessing what dish would it
be for the day. The new problem now is that no one in the family wants to
cook for us lately & I no longer have required time to spend with my
fianc?. Do you maybe have dishes that are good for the whole family but
require little time & effort to do them? so I can make for lost time within
my relationship.

TX
Veli

hello friend, i really enjoyed d whole recipes and all. please i would ilike
you 2 please send me a recipe for cooking rice and spagehetti. thanks alot.

Dear Nicholas

This is Mair, Jim's wife...Can you send me a recipes for Beef with String
Beans,
the String Beans at Chinese Restaurant are always so crispy and
tender..Also,
a recipe for Beef Fried Rice. I've had it with rice that is more white
than
fried. There use to be a restaurant where I live that made the best
fried
rice ever, but no one comes close...the beef tasted like it was grilled
and
the rice was really dark..They also made the best Wonton Soup too...Also,
Roast Pork LoMein. The pork is always so tender and I don't know how
they make Roast Pork.

I have not made any of the recipes yet, cause I just became a
subscriber..

Thank you for all your help and advice.

Mair
PS It's very cold here in New Jersey...We even had some snow flurries
yesterday
morning...

Hi Zhou,
am a great fan of chinese cooking. Your emails are really encouraging me.
Please keep sending them. Iam turning out to be a not-so-bad chinese
cook!!!
Reggards
Evelyn

Hi Nike, Have been reading your comment on asian food etc. It is
interesting and agree with your comments and suggestions. Would
like to keep in touch with your newsletter thru this email. Where are
you located? Thanks. Ed.

Hey nic, recipes are great mate!
am having much fun experimenting..cheers mate!

Dale

Hello Nicholas,

Many thanks for your excellent recipes and advice. Unfortunately I have
lost your previous newsletters (3 or 4 in number) due to my computer burning
out on me. I am an invalid and live on my own, however, I look forward to
my health improving once I start using your healthy recipes. Due to a recent
heart attack I am determined to change my diet from the fat saturated roast
meats and vegetables of the past. I am lucky enough to have an electric wok
and also enjoy fish.

One question I do have is this: how do I store ginger root and how long can
I kep it for? I am also very fortunate that here in Christchurch, New
Zealand we have an excellent Asian Market, not far from my home, that I will
be visiting on benefit days. Over the past several months I have been
cooking a lot of rice in my wok by the absorbtion tmethod and have been
using lemon-pepper instead of salt. It makes a very nice base for steamed
fish and I find that by puting sliced vegatables or fruit in with the rice
as it cooks, I have a very enjoyable and tasty meal for so little cost.

Many thanks, once again for the excellent and informative newsletters.

Regards
Jerome (Barry Newell)

P.S. I bought a pack of floppy disks today so that I can backup your
newsletters in future.

Hello Mr. Nocholas Zhou,

Let me hope that you are fairly moving on with life and your work at the
company, over there in China. Well I am also fine over here in Uganda and I
need to say that I have realy been impressed by the instructions concerning
the preparation of Chainese meals and anytime I will be taking the chance to
have any of those meals you have indicated, prepared at my place.

Secondly I need to appriciate your newsletter and your organisation is realy
good on the basis of the services that you have briefed me about. So I beg
that my dear friend, let's keep initiating through emails and you never know
one time I will be flying over to your country and I will live to test your
meals.

The other thing is a request that atleast you talk to your bosses such that
they try to extend thier services to our African countries and mainly Uganda
because Ugandans too enjoy Chinese meals. Thank you and Bye-bye.

Yours Sinserely,

MALIME ANDREW.

HI, I would still read your letters even if there were only 2 recipes
included. Your letters are so informative and very interesting but the
reason I signed on was for the recipes and as far as I am concerned the more
the better that way you have more to chose from. from what I have read so
far you can never include too many!! So keep 'em commin!!!!! And Thank you!!

*ANA*

If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of
tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.

Nicholas Zhou

"Real and Healthy Chinese Cooking" http://www.chinesefooddiy.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FREE RECIPES: To claim your free Chinese recipes, cooking tips
and health articles, email to

EARN 55% COMMISSION:
http://www.chinesefooddiy.com/affiliateprogram.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 03:27:40 GMT, "Nicholas Zhou"
> > wrote:
>
> >Raindrop Soup

> Recipes stolen from:
> http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/recipes...se-menu-1.html
>
> This is what you'll get when you subscribe and/or buy this spammers
> 'book'. A bunch of stolen and plagerized recipes freely available
> from the net.
>
> -sw

Peter Dy

"Nicholas Zhou" > wrote in message
> One has no right to comment if he hasn't investigated it. Here are what my
> subscribers are saying about out web site and newsletters. I promise I
> didn't change any thing before I posted and I have their permissions to

post
> it here. If you want, I can post more than 800 emails from my subscribers.
> But obviously there is no such need. (To keep their privacy, I didn't

reveal
> their emails.)
>
> I only think some people just have discrimination over people from other
> nations.

You are so far from Mao, it's pathetic. You've lost your roots, tongzhi.
Quit spamming this and other newsgroups, stupid thief who doesn't know
anything about Chinese cuisine except which he gets from other people.

Peter