Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Lao Cooking

Hi -

I found this site - http://laocook.com/ and thought some people here
might be interested in it.

Cheers,

Ian
Posted to alt.food.asian

" > wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I found this site - http://laocook.com/ and thought some people here
> might be interested in it.

Hi Ian,

I ate a lot of Laotian food when I was staying at the Khmer Wat
Vipassanarama, in Long Beach CA, 25 years ago.

I tried to open the URL you provided, but only the top of the page would
display for me. I've bookmarked it and will try again, later. Thanks.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

Nick Cramer wrote:
> " > wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> I found this site - http://laocook.com/ and thought some people here
>> might be interested in it.

> Hi Ian,
>
> I ate a lot of Laotian food when I was staying at the Khmer Wat
> Vipassanarama, in Long Beach CA, 25 years ago.
>
> I tried to open the URL you provided, but only the top of the page would
> display for me. I've bookmarked it and will try again, later. Thanks.

I am using Firefox on an XP box, and it displays fine for me, right now.

The food looks quite similar to Thai food, especially Isaan. I don't run
across much information about it on the web, though, which is why I
thought it worth noting.

Cheers,

Ian
Posted to alt.food.asian

" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > " > wrote:
> >> Hi -
> >>
> >> I found this site - http://laocook.com/ and thought some people here
> >> might be interested in it.

> > Hi Ian,
> >
> > I ate a lot of Laotian food when I was staying at the Khmer Wat
> > Vipassanarama, in Long Beach CA, 25 years ago.
> >
> > I tried to open the URL you provided, but only the top of the page
> > would display for me. I've bookmarked it and will try again, later.
> > Thanks.
> >

> I am using Firefox on an XP box, and it displays fine for me, right now.

I'm using Netscape 7 on Win 98. Antedeluvian!

> The food looks quite similar to Thai food, especially Isaan. I don't run
> across much information about it on the web, though, which is why I
> thought it worth noting.

Spicy pork intestine soup with pork blood cubes. Mmmmm! My wife also makes
Isaan style sausages. She and my daughter feed me and clean out my cage!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I found this site -
http://laocook.com/ and thought some people here
> might be interested in it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian

i use non windows and the site works fine. thanks for the link. i was
only in Vientiane and wasn't impressed with the intestine soup plan
on seeing all of Laos in a near future... but i think Burma will be
first. anyway, it's a nice Laotian cookery site. i shall check it out.

Posted to alt.food.asian

Nick Cramer wrote:
> " > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> I ate a lot of Laotian food when I was staying at the Khmer Wat
>>> Vipassanarama, in Long Beach CA, 25 years ago.
>>>
>>> I tried to open the URL you provided, but only the top of the page
>>> would display for me. I've bookmarked it and will try again, later.
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> I am using Firefox on an XP box, and it displays fine for me, right now.

> I'm using Netscape 7 on Win 98. Antedeluvian!
>
>> The food looks quite similar to Thai food, especially Isaan. I don't run
>> across much information about it on the web, though, which is why I
>> thought it worth noting.

> Spicy pork intestine soup with pork blood cubes. Mmmmm! My wife also makes
> Isaan style sausages. She and my daughter feed me and clean out my cage!

You are a better man than I!

I can appreciate my own country's black blood pudding (Ireland), but I
never came to terms with it anywhere else, especially upcountry Thailand.

Ian
Posted to alt.food.asian

" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > [ . . . ]
> > Spicy pork intestine soup with pork blood cubes. Mmmmm! My wife also
> > makes Isaan style sausages. She and my daughter feed me and clean out
> > my cage!

> You are a better man than I!

Thanks, Iaian. Different, perhaps, but I doubt better.

> I can appreciate my own country's black blood pudding (Ireland), but I
> never came to terms with it anywhere else, especially upcountry Thailand.

I've had Scottish blood pudding and Argentine blood sausage. Perhaps as a
result of the crappy meat we ate during WW II, I've come to love the taste
of blood and guts. Don't offer me beef liver!!!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

Nick Cramer wrote:
> " > wrote:
>
>>Nick Cramer wrote:
>>
>>>[ . . . ]
>>>Spicy pork intestine soup with pork blood cubes. Mmmmm! My wife also
>>>makes Isaan style sausages. She and my daughter feed me and clean out
>>>my cage!

>>You are a better man than I!

> Thanks, Iaian. Different, perhaps, but I doubt better.
>

>>I can appreciate my own country's black blood pudding (Ireland), but I
>>never came to terms with it anywhere else, especially upcountry Thailand.

> I've had Scottish blood pudding and Argentine blood sausage. Perhaps as a
> result of the crappy meat we ate during WW II, I've come to love the taste
> of blood and guts. Don't offer me beef liver!!!

Chinese do ginger scallion pork blood cubes, and also duck blood.
I prefer the pork blood.

--
Dan