Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Yuzu Vs Citron

Hi -

I have seen statements that the Yuzu fruit and the Citron fruit (Som sa
in Thailand, I believe) are the same, and other statements that they are
different.

If anyone knows authoritatively, I'd really like to know.

Beyond that question, does anyone know if their taste is comparable? I
tend to think so, but I am unsure.

I bought some 'Citron Tea' at a Korean supermarket at the weekend. Its a
sauce of Citron peel, fruit, and honey, and Koreans use a couple of
spoonfuls in hot water as a tea. For me, though, it tastes like the most
delicious, exotic-tasting marmalade I ever had. I added some to a sauce
I was making for some scallops, and it was great.

Anyway, any info appreciated.

Ian

Citron z z General Cooking 1 10-03-2013 11:02 PM
Citron Dee Randall General Cooking 12 29-03-2006 10:17 PM
Yuzu parrotheada1a Sushi 0 15-01-2005 08:20 AM
yuzu kosho & basil danseur Sushi 3 13-05-2004 10:43 PM
yuzu kosho danseur Sushi 4 10-12-2003 06:32 AM