Posted to ba.food,alt.food.asian

Default My favorite Indian restaurant on Haight Street...

There is a new Indian restaurant in San Francisco on Haight Street
near Clayton called Tikka Masala. The interior isn't too fancy
but the food is very good and reasonably priced.

I just recently got into Indian food and have only tried a few
dishes and one of my favorites is lamb curry and they have a
good version of it called lamb korma and the meat is tender and
they give you plenty of it and the sauce isn't too spicy or
oily or overdosed on cilantro. The naan bread was hot and
fluffy and tender and they provide free tea. My usual meal of
lamb korma, rice, and naan costs $10.35 plus tip

One of the worst Indian restaurants I've eaten at was a place
called Naan-n-Curry somewhere near downtown, and another in
the same area called Masa. Naan-n-Curry's food was cold and
dry and Masa was just gross with cilantro overwhelming all
the other flavors. Tasty Curry in the Sunset District is one
of my favorites, but they serve such a small amount of lamb
and curry sauce (though it is $2 cheaper).
Posted to ba.food, alt.food.asian

dank wrote:
> There is a new Indian restaurant in San Francisco on Haight Street
> near Clayton called Tikka Masala. The interior isn't too fancy
> but the food is very good and reasonably priced.

We like it, too. Been there twice and will certainly return.

Very nice people, too.

Aryaa's Indian Restaurant aryaas Vegan 1 12-02-2013 02:58 AM
Hanoi restaurant KOTO, helping street kids PeterL1[_5_] General Cooking 0 23-01-2010 02:26 AM
Restaurant Review: Shalimar on Polk Street dank Asian Cooking 10 23-04-2008 11:05 PM
Thai restaurant at Haight-Masonic Mr. Twig Asian Cooking 0 02-09-2005 06:08 PM
Best Indian restaurant(s) in Tokyo? Newbie Restaurants 28 31-03-2005 04:15 AM