About FoodBanter.com Any questions or feedback on what this forum is or how this forum operates.

Member

Default Chef X

Greeting to all from Cincinnati, Ohio

I found this site when researching techniques for cooking buffalo. Saw a great deal of inaccuracy on buffalo... I've been eating buffalo for several years now.. it's easy to find here in Cincinnati and buffalo haven't roamed here in several hundred years.. I regularly make buffalo chili with ground and particularly like rib eye steaks. Smoked a brisket recently and it was excellent and have cooked filets too. The main thing on steaks is cook them rare.. buffalo quickly dries out if overcooked.

Burgers are delicious too, but cook them rare to med.rare. Just don't overcook or your get jerky.

My question had to do with whether anyone brines buffalo ribs.

Most of what I found was about marinating and braising as a cooking method.

I typically brine most lean cuts of meat but wasnt sure about buffalo. But this morning I started brining a couple of racks in water, k salt and brown sugur. I'm also marinating a rack in red wine and red wine vinegar and dry rubbed a rack

Tomorrow I cook .. I plan to braise the marinated and brine ones and smoke the rubbed version.. Let y9ou know what happens

Low and slow from Chef X

Oh, to be a chef Mitch General Cooking 36 13-08-2007 08:18 AM
Top Chef Andy General Cooking 2 02-02-2007 10:19 AM
Macho Chef - Learn how Macho Chef dealth with the evil kitchen fly from Hades Android General Cooking 0 30-11-2006 03:32 PM
Macho Chef has links to "Top Chef" News articles Android General Cooking 0 18-10-2006 04:33 PM
Top Chef Nancy1 General Cooking 0 08-03-2006 10:36 PM