Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Top Chef

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

> Anyone else see the finale? Bravo channel has had a maraton on the show
> _Top Chef_ the past few days and I was able to catch up on the episodes I
> missed. I also got to see the final 2 parts of the finale.

Michael,

I stopped myself short in this post. Did you give the final episodes away?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 01 Feb 2007 in rec.food.cooking

> Yes I did. Sorry 'bout that. The final episode is pretty tense at the
> end. Worth watching even if you know who the winner is.

If you liked the coconut shrimp recipe...try this one again by bob blumer

Chicken Kiev With Bacon And Asparagus
Yield: 4
Ingredients:
Chicken Kiev With Bacon And Asparagus

8 strips bacon
12 tips of asparagus, (top 2 inches only)
4 large skinless boneless breasts of chicken, tendons removed
2 egg
2 cup breadcrumbs, (coarse if possible)
1 cup flour
5 tbsp butter
salt and pepper

Directions:
Chicken Kiev With Bacon And Asparagus

1. In a frying pan, cook bacon until almost crispy.

2. Steam asparagus tips for three minutes.

3. Using a mallet, or other blunt instrument
(the kind you keep beside your bed to ward off mad burglars),
flatten chicken breasts by placing them, one at a time, between
2 sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4" thickness.

4. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.

5. In three separate bowls place: (bowl #1) flour, (bowl #2) eggs
(beaten)
and (bowl #3) bread crumbs. Line the three bowls in a row.

6. Complete the following procedure for each portion.

7. Take one flattened chicken breast, season with salt and pepper.
Lay two strips of bacon side by side, on the top side of the
chicken breast.
Place three asparagus tips crosswise at one end and top with 1
tablespoon butter.

8. Starting at the end with the asparagus, roll up chicken like a
carpet
around the bacon, butter and asparagus, and tuck in the loose ends
underneath.

9. Dip rolled chicken in the flour, then the egg, and then the bread
crumbs, covering
thoroughly at each step. Place in a shallow pan with the seam on
the bottom.
Place 1/4 tablespoon butter on top of each piece of chicken. Bake
for
approximately 20 minutes, or until cooked throughout. Towards the
end,
baste with pan drippings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 01 Feb 2007 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Yes I did. Sorry 'bout that. The final episode is pretty tense at
>> the end. Worth watching even if you know who the winner is.
>>

> If you liked the coconut shrimp recipe...try this one again by bob
> blumer
>
> Chicken Kiev With Bacon And Asparagus
> Yield: 4
> Ingredients:
> Chicken Kiev With Bacon And Asparagus

(snip)

This sounds so good! I wonder why I never thought of it. LOL. I'd be
willing to screw up my diet for this one. Thanks!

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini