Posted to rec.food.baking
D and d Jordan D and d Jordan is offline

Default Dry Sour dough

Oh, thanks. The starter is like thick pancake batter. It is full of
bubbles and seemingly very active. I have been consuming the balance of
the bread this past week and trying to diagnose the problem. Salt is
the best clue I have; the bread lacks flavor and is definitely not a
moist bread. Thanks for your help.

Doreen
in Northern Minnesota