Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default TN: Cornas, Piedmont, Central Italy, Loire

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:11:55 -0000
DaleW > wrote:

> On Oct 21, 7:20?am, Emery Davis > wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 00:41:22 -0000

[]
> > Glad to hear Marcel Juge is on form. I've always felt his wines deserved
> > more recognition, although I wonder if he's modified the style to be a little
> > more approachable...

[]
> I've not generally found the Cuvee C to be structured for the real
> long term. But a nice Cornas for midterm. I believe there is another
> cuvee that might be more long lived.

If I remember rightly -- and worth mentioning I haven't visited for many
years -- the 'C' in 'Cuvee C' refers to 'coteaux.' Basically, it's the top
cuvee, coming from up the slope which gets more sun. I think there are
(or were) 3, the basic AOC coming from mostly on the plain, the middle
from halfway. Can't think offhand what the middle is called.

Not sure why 'cuvee C' would be less structured, but maybe Juge has
decided to aim this one at the export market. Certainly the mode of making
more approachable Cornas (despicable to my view!) began in the mid-90s.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom