Peter Aitken

Default Kosher Salt vs. Table Salt

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> Peter Aitken wrote:

> >>I like to use about 1/2 the salt any recipe calls for (except in sausage

> > or
> >
> >>cured meats, where the salt is a critical measurement), and then add

more
> >>salt at the end to taste. If you do that, it doesn't make any

difference
> >>what kind of salt you use.
> >>
> >>Best regards,
> >>Bob
> >>

> > A good idea but not possible with many dishes such as meatload, souffle,
> > quiche, bread, lasagna, etc. In these cases the right amount of salt has

> > go in before the cooking.
> >

> That's a good point. Perhaps add half the salt, and let folks salt to
> taste at the table? (I find that if you leave out *all* the salt when
> cooking, for some reason some things can never be seasoned to my taste at
> the table)
>
> Bob

It's not an easy problem to solve. Some food, including the ones I
mentioned, do not taste as good when needed salt is added at the table as
opposed to be included from the start. It seems to be the difference between
salt on the surface and salt throughout the body of the food.

--
Peter Aitken