Curly Sue

Default beans; white

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:12:00 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
> wrote:

>Could someone tell me what one is referring to specifically when "white
>beans" are called for? I know it's not a navy bean, or white kidney bean or
>lima bean........actually it's from the blood type diet book........
>thanks in advance
>Chris

What is the recipe? In Mario Batali's Italian cookbooks, "white
beans" are certainly white kidney beans (cannellini).

For Senate bean soup or Boston Baked Beans, it would be navy beans
(although I prefer Great Northern for the baked beans).

I once had some French dried white beans too...

For many things any of the white beans would do, though they might
taste somewhat different.

Sue(tm)