Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A Controversial Fish -- Rich, Fat-Free, But With A Downside

Mark wrote on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:44:50 -0700:

MT> James Silverton wrote:
??>>
??>> I don't intend to examine the URLs but, addressing the
??>> subject, what's fat-free about escolar? "Rich" is another
??>> word for fatness anyway. Escolar has got the most oil of
??>> any mackarel or (possibly any fish.) It is banned from
??>> commerce in Japan for precisely that reason: the laxative
effect
??>> of the oil. I can vouch for the runs because I still
??>> remember the effect of two small pieces, said to be "white
??>> tuna", in a sashimi platter two years ago. By the way,
??>> it's consumption is discouraged in the US but it is not
??>> banned and I hate to say it but it was delicious. I don't
??>> intend to try again.

I have no intention of reading silly URLs to find out the
convoluted logic of something like that. It ought to banned in
the US too!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: