Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brian Christiansen Brian Christiansen is offline

Default Q. How to make Stroganoff interesting ???

"Steve Y" > wrote in message

> Just made a batch of perfectly acceptable beef stroganoff for supper but
> my reaction was as usual, edible but boring. What does it take to make it
> a dish to rave about ?

When my dad used to make stroganoff, he used to serve it over noodles.
Perhaps you could do that, or perhaps serve it over a big slice of your
favorite kind of bread. You could also try using a different type of meat.

I can't say that any of these things will make it "exciting", or give it a
"je ne sais quoi" (and yes, I do know what that term means), but it will be
different from what you usually do, and you just might find an interesting
combination that you like.

Brian Christiansen