Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
JB JB is offline

Default Juice Bag Has Small Leak!

I think I know the answer but I'll still ask the question.

I received a 16 liter wine kit today. The outer box was intact but the wine
kit box felt slightly damp when I took it out of the inner box. When I
removed the plastic wrap I could tell that the box was a little damp.
Inside, the oak chip bags were soaked. There's a leak in the bag near the
top that I've not yet located. Here's my question: If the air tight seal on
the juice bag is compromised in any way then this renders the juice
unusable, right? I mean has anyone received a kit in similar condition and
gone on to make good wine? Bad wine? Didn't even bother?

I've already notified the company and am expecting them to replace it or
give me credit but since this is the first time for this I wanted to ask the
group.

TIA

John