derng

Default Soaking beans - nutrients in water?

I am aware of steaming being preferable and try to do that sometimes. Even
then there is sometimes liquid remaining from say steaming broccoli that is
green and I save that as well. It must contain nutrients. I guess the
question is one of degree. Whether or not it is worth even considering
saving cooking liquid. In the case of boiled potatoes, since they boil for
so long, that is why I thought that liquid might contain more nutrients. It
is very starchy, I tried boiling rice in it one time with interesting
results.

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> derng wrote:
> > I am not concerned about the digestibility issue at the present time

since I