usual suspect

Default Soaking beans - nutrients in water?

derng wrote:
> I am not concerned about the digestibility issue at the present time since I
> .... I was interested to know if any nutrients are lost....

==== mod snip ====

The water will have some potassium in it and maybe a little vitamin C.
There's really not much else in a potato. One caveat: the water will
have salt in it if you use it for cooking. The sodium from the salt
probably cancels out the benefit from the potassium. If you're worried
about losing nutrients, bake your potatoes and then mash them or use
them however you want. Steam your veggies rather than boil. I don't
think the loss is significant enough to worry about it.