Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dusty da baker Dusty da baker is offline

Default Ready to try Rye (I think)

Hello "Madcat" & all;

"Madcat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>a few months ago I bought a starter from king arthur. Since then I
> have been baking quite a bit with both commercial and sourdough yeast.
> I baked my first rye loaf the other day and while it was very
> flavorfull it was extremely dense with a very tight crumb. the recipe

The one I've been using can be found he
http://www.innerlodge.com/Recipes/Br...h/RyeBread.htm. It's
definitely not dense with a tight crumb. It's about as perfect a rye loaf
as I've ever eaten. Of course, as with all things either SD or home-baked,
YMMV...(:-o)!

In any event, have fun building your loaves. If you're agonizing over the
process rather than enjoying it, you're probably not doing it right...(:-o)!

Regards my friend,
Dusty