M. Gagarin

Default Tomato sauce substitute

> wrote
>
> I think you could just put some garlic and olive oil in your
> food processor or blender .... and puree away.
>
> Pat

I thought of that, but neither of my appliances can really get the right
consistency, which would basically be a liquid. With my machines I can't
quite eliminate the tiny chunks.
I suspect Kate (Kake?) and I are actually talking about two slightly
different things, but I figured her puree sounded close enough. The stuff I
had before was a "liquid spice" and could be sprinkled from a bottle like,
for example, hot sauce. It may have had a couple other ingredients besides
the garlic, but in any case, it was something you could pour onto or into
dishes like any other sauce. It made a great quickie ingredient, with a much
fuller taste than just minced or crushed garlic alone.

Michael