Kate Pugh

Default Tomato sauce substitute

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:58:21 GMT, "M. Gagarin" > wrote:
>> If no one minds me asking a new question on this thread----where do
>> you get the garlic puree?!

Ah, now it's *my* turn to have things easy to find (See tomatillo
thread.) I buy garlic puree from... everywhere. All the supermarkets
I've ever looked for it in have it. I can get it in my *corner shop*.
I do however live in Fulham. My corner shop sells two kinds of soya milk.

wrote:
> I think you could just put some garlic and olive oil in your
> food processor or blender .... and puree away.

Beware of doing this for recipes that specify "bought garlic puree".
Every tube of garlic puree I've ever bought has been *much* less
pungent than freshly-made puree. I'd guess that a better substitute
would be lightly roasted garlic puree, in terms of strength.

Kake