Kate Pugh

Default vegetarian frankie

Keith Michaels > wrote:
> Does anyone have a good recipe for a vegetarian frankie? I have only
> found one on the web:
> http://vancouver.citytv.com/whats_on...?recipeID=1050

I'd never heard of a "frankie" before I checked out your URL - I'd
thought it was an abbreviation for "frankfurter" when I first read your
post I did a bit of googling because it does look good. Seems to be
a flat bread such as chapathi with an egg cooked onto it and then
wrapped around some kind of spicy savoury filling - am I right?

So assuming that you can find non-vegetarian frankie recipes, the
problem I guess would be the filling. Seems to me that any sufficiently
dry curry could be used.

> but it isn't well-written (doesn't say what to do with the paneer).

I would guess that the paneer goes in with the vegetables - it's perhaps
not mentioned specifically in the directions because it's being
considered to be a vegetable.

Kake
(back from a bit of a usenet break - and not vegan at the moment so
interested in vegetarian recipes as well as vegan ones (please no debate
about why I'm not currently vegan; I have my reasons, I'm all discussed
out, and it's off-topic for this group))