MattLB

Default Hydrogenated fats in Nitro-Tech bars?

> wrote in message >...
> I eat 2 or 3 Nitro-Tech bars daily because they are VERY satisfying and
> are high (35 grams, 300 calories) in protein.
>
> My only concern is how much trans-fats they may contain. I have looked
> for the word "hydrogenated" but don't see it. However, I do see
> "modified palm and palm kernel oils".
>
> Can anyone address this question?

Palm oils have more saturated fat than most vegetable oils so don't
usually need to be hydrogenated, so shouldn't have trans fats. On the
other hand: who knows what "modified" means?

I've avoided Nitro-Tech (preferring Meso-Tech) because of the
presence of sucralose in Nitro-Tech bars. Considering there's already
high fructose corn syrup and malitol syrup in them adding a dodgy
sweetener seems unnecessary.

MattLB