Old 05-10-2007, 11:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Joan and her butterflydogs Joan  and  her butterflydogs is offline

Default Roasted Cauliflower

I like cauliflower that way too ( made in the oven )

Thanks for the recipe.!!!! I like capers !!!

I do a similar and extremely tasty and easy .

Separate cleaned, dried florets, Place in non stick baking pan. Drizzle
liberally with extra virgin olive oil, coarse salt, fresh grated black
pepper and garam masala powder to taste ( or whatever such as crushed
dried rosemary, grated fresh ginger, garlic powder etc. ) Bake 350F until
tender about 45 minutes. Turn once during baking.
Really good too !

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
I made this for dinner tonight. It went well with lamb chops. I got the
recipe from Martha Stewart's web site.

Roasted Cauliflower

2 pounds cauliflower flowerets -- 1 head
1 tablespoon olive oil
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic -- thinly sliced
1 teaspoon capers
1 teaspoon caper juice

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spread florets in a roasting pan. Drizzle
with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Roast,
tossing once or twice, until cauliflower is golden brown and tender,
about 20 to 25 minutes.

In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring
often, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add
capers and juice. Add roasted cauliflower and toss to coat.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation