Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default REC: Roasted Cauliflower

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:48:25 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>I made this for dinner tonight. It went well with lamb chops. I got the
>recipe from Martha Stewart's web site.

I'll give it a try. Here is an alternative I use myself.

Clean and slice cauliflower into florettes with sections of
stalk attached. Press loosely into ramekins; one 4" dia
ramekin serves two or three. Sprinkle the top lightly with
grated nutmeg and powdered cumin seed. Pour in water until
there is about 1/2" or 1cm in the bottom. Most of the water
will evaporate during cooking but it stops the cauli from
drying out.

Bake for about 15 minutes with a lid on the ramekin; then
remove the lid and sprinkle with grated cheddar or parmesan
and grill(broil) until the cheese bubbles and browns.

I often use this with a baked dinner, adding it to the oven
for the last 20 minutes of the cooking of the joint and root
veges.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com