Posted to alt.food.wine
MarcB MarcB is offline

Default TN: 1989 Ch. Lynch-Bages

My wife and I shared a bottle of our anniversary wine last evening (18
yrs of marriage), the 1989 Ch. Lynch Bages. We initially procured the
wine on futures, and it has been stored in my relatively warm (62F)
"cellar" since its arrival.
This wine is still developing. Decanted an hour before we started
drinking it, accompanying Steak Diane. Still very dark, with just a
hint of red-purple at the rim. Nose a bit restrained, but some black-
fruit aromas and plenty of lead-pencil. On the palate a rich, full
mouthfeel, and still considerable structure, but in balance. Very
pure core of Pauillac fruit, and a long (more than 2 min), layered
finish with fruit and secondary flavors coming and going. This is
only the second year in which the wine has appeared to be opening
up. It has a long future, so I am glad I have more.

Marc