Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_3_] Joseph Coulter[_3_] is offline

Default Shout out to Emery Davis

"Zeppo" > wrote in
:

> "Chris Sprague" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I just wanted to thank Emery Davis for his recommendation of Clos de
>> Cazaux. We were well received, treated with utmost kindness, and had
>> a fantastic tasting. They even let us tromp around their vineyards
>> for a bit afterwards to take some pictures.
>>
>> For the record, I liked the Grenat Noble a bit more than you. Their
>> Grains de Novembre was fantastic, and I also picked up some of the
>> Vacqueyras Cuvee Prestige. Unfortunately, as I live in the US, space
>> in my luggage was somewhat more limited than yours. From the entire
>> trip, my cache consisted of 16 bottles (12 in a padded wine shipping
>> box, 4 in my suitcase).
>>
>> Thanks again for the recommendation!
>>
>> - Chris

> Chris,
> Are you allowed to bring in a case of wine packed in you luggage?
>
> I thought I had read on a few web sites that you could only bring in a
> quart per person (or three 750ml bottles per couple).
>
> Was I mistaken about this? I really hope I was.
>
> Jon

the duty free part is one or two bottles, but customs usally won't charge
anything if the whole bill is less than $10 (it is the sate tax not the fed
that is large on wine) As long as you declare it a case is not going to be
much of a problem (DRC and several others may be another item!)

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021