Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Sonoran Dude[_2_] Sonoran Dude[_2_] is offline

Default Any issues when using sand

Bill Riel wrote:
> in a wsm instead of water?
>
> I've only used water in the pan to date, but I find the clean up a bit
> of a hassle (and the need to check water levels). I bought some
> sterilized playground sand and I was going to put that in the pan and
> cover it with foil.
>
> I'm just wondering if the lack of steam changes anything I should be
> aware of?
>
> My next smoke won't be a major one, but I'm going to do some ribs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

If you dig your own sand remove the bobcat turds or it will add more
aroma than you are looking for.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.