Old 24-09-2007, 10:01 AM posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
nzlstar* nzlstar* is offline

Default Quinoa

has anyone tried growing Quinoa seeds?
i've only just found what sounds like a great food for various
folks....vegetarians, vegans(only non animal complete protein source),
diabetics, gluten intolerants.
from what i've read online, it will grow well in less than good conditions.
i've finally found a source near me, bought some, tested it out in a salad,
similar to tabouleh.
it tastes good and i like the odd texture.
i wonder how it is in a pudding like tapioca, hmmmm. more research i think.
i wont give up my oatmeal for breakfast tho.
cheers from the bottom of the planet,
jeanne
second post with a useable addy since this usenet group is moderated,
something i'm not used to, lol, i hope this one shows up