Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Regina Schmid Regina Schmid is offline

Default Better green beans

Even better, IMHO, is to prepare green beans completely "Greek style": saute
the onions in olive oil and add tinned or fresh, peeled tomatoes (both
chopped) to boil the beans instead of water. This applies to many
vegetables, such as courgettes, white beans, (after having soaked them in
water first), lentils, lady fingers, eggplants, even cauliflower... The only
spices you have to add is a little bit salt and pepper, but adding instant
vegetable broth is fine too.

Btw., this was how I started to like vegetables which I literally hated
before, and finally helped me a lot to become a vegetarian.

Regina
--
www.archenoah-kreta.com
.... always a warm heart for cold noses!