Posted to rec.food.baking
anthony anthony is offline

Default freezing pizzas?

I normally wouldn't think of doing this. But my wife here in the Blue
Mountains of New South Wales, Australia, is having an exhibition of
her paintings and ceramics this October 6 (at the Hat Hill Gallery in
Blackheath, from 3 pm if there are any locals reading this.....) and
I'll be cooking for the party afterwards ...
I'm thinking of doing around a dozen mixed pizzas, using my usual high-
protein flour thin-crust base -- salami and vegetarian -- but I can't
see how I could do that many AND be at the gallery at the same time
for support etc. It's a small gallery so I'll be serving drinks
anyway...
I've never tried freezing pizza, hence the question -- how
satisfactory would it be to partially-cook all the pizzas in advance
and then freeze them, and pop them into the oven for a final high-temp
5 minute blast on the night? Or should I prepare, do all the toppings,
and then freeze uncooked?
Any practical advice would be really welcome ... I know this smacks of
compromise, but it's going to be a hectic afternoon and night!