Old 20-09-2007, 04:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default ? on organic coconut oil

"Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge" wrote in
message news:%[email protected]
Saw a info commercial on Secret Food Cures ( Lydia and Joan Wylan ) and
one
of the sisters mentioned that organic coconut oil if taken can help or
prevent a spike in blood sugar for type 2 diabetics.

Since I love to cook and bake and always like to hear about home remedies,
just wondering if any of you have heard of the organic coconut oil to
lower
blood sugar.?

I do know that fat delays the absorption of sugar in foods, but how is
coconut oil any different.?
thanks

I immediately lost weight when I added 1-2 T. of coconut oil to my diet
every day. Didn't seem to do a thing for my BG though.