Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Making a real BBQ rig

On 19-Sep-2007, "Big Jim" > wrote:

> "Brick" > wrote in message
> >

> > I've seen Big Jim reheat the day after cooking, using foil. I've had
> > decent
> > results doing the same thing.>
> > --
> > Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)

> I only reheat brisket in foil, all other no foil.
> IMO chick and ribs are not good candidates for reheating in a commercial
>
> environment.
> At home I use the NUKER.
> --
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

I don't know a thing about the commercial business of cooking. But I
don't think I'd pay good money for reheated day old 'Q' if I could recognize
it as such.

I have had good results though with reheating pit smoked meats
that have not gone through a refrigerator cycle. For that gathering
I fed last August, everything was reheated except the chicken. The
food police would likely frown on it, but they don't eat at my place.

For stuff that's been refrigerated or even frozen, I use the vacuum bag
and boiling water process a lot and the nuker the rest of the time. I
don't have to worry about cheating my customer. She doesn't want to
do the cooking.
--
Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)