Mike Pearce

Default Carl's 1847 Oregon Trail Starter Question

"Samartha Deva" > wrote in message

> sure, but it doesn't answer the question why this poeto stuff is on the
> reviving procedure for Carl's. I am suspecting something deep there -
> maybe somebody is keeping count on how many starters are sent out and
> how many of those actually read the instructions, find it odd and post
> questions.

I decided to live on the edge and try something other than the homemade
starter I've been using for years and got my Carl's in the mail yesterday. I
have to admit that I'm one of the guilty ones who didn't check out the
revival instructions, though I'd read through them before, but it was a
while ago.

I just logged on and read through them again. I think that, even had I read
them, I would have passed on the potato stuff at least for my first attempt
at revival. I'd already started my attempted revival before I logged onto
the site. As it turns out I was doing pretty much the same thing that the
alternate revival method the "reviving the start" link suggests.

Now watch, I won't be able to revive the starter after talking about how I'd
never had a failure in multiple attempts in making starters from scratch a
few months back.

-Mike