Samartha Deva

Default SD article in today's local news paper's food section

"D.Currie" wrote:

> I'm no longer surprised at errors that sneak into print. I've read the most
> amazing things about myself in the few times I've been interviewed.

FYI:

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/food/...659263,00.html

on there, the links at the bottom:

RELATED STORIES
* ...

* Rye Sourdough Starter

that's sourced from the

http://samartha.net/SD/MakeStarter01.html

* Sourdough Rye Bread

that was based on this:

http://samartha.net/SD/images/BYDATE/03-07-12/
- ex sunflower seeds

* Wu Wei Bread

that's sourced from the

http://samartha.net/SD/images/BYDATE/02-08-05/

*....

You may judge yourself, how many errors have sneaked in. The issue for
her was to address a wide audience and I think she did very well.

As for the Hofpfisterei (800+ years baking in Munich) and seeds in their
breads, go the

http://www.hofpfisterei.de/html/Sortiment.html

- although in German, you can easily deduct seeded breads from the names

names containing "Kern" - from "kernel", those are seeded breads

names containing "Korn" - that's grain, those mostly contain whole or
large grain parts

names containing Sonnenblumen, Kümmel, Kürbis, Sesam, Haselnuß, that's
sunflower, caraway, pumpkin, sesame, hazelnut respectively, all seeds.

Several breads have spices either ground or in seed form: coriander,
fennel. I am not sure if they use anise or cardamom which are also good
to use.

Vegetables - Karrotten - carrots, Oliven - olives,

and then they go into sprouted seeds and grains:

Mini-Mungobohnen, Adzukibohnen, Kichererbsen, Alfalfa, Weizen,
Radieschen, Sesam, Leinasmenkeimen, Quinoa und Traubenkernmehl.

mung beans, azuki beans, chickpeas, alfalfa, wheat, radishes, sesame,
flax, quinoa and grape seed flour.

> To be fair, though, it's not always the writer. When a piece goes through
> the editing process, cutting and pasting can make mincemeat of the truth.

certainly true - and so does filtering through neurological pathways in
human brains, in stronger cases given latin names.

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one
SD page is the http://samartha.net/SD/