Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Making a real BBQ rig

wrote:

> I can't for the life of me figure out why there is a 1000% increase in
> flavor from heating on the pit as opposed to heating on a baking sheet
> in the oven. Neither have smoke, both are controlled temps, neither
> are foiled, but the flavor difference is huge.
> Any thoughts on that one? I figure you might be all over this mystery
> since you no doubt face this problem every day in the restaurant. And
> of course, if you know of a better way to reheat those last two racks
> of spares, I would love to hear it.
>
> Robert

Maybe it has to do with the seasoning of the pit vs the cleanliness of the
oven? :-) I honestly don't know. A lot of folks will cut left over slabs
into single bones, stick 'em into a foodsaver or other vacuum sealer bag and
seal, and then throw the intact bag in a pot of boiling water to reheat. I
think the biggest factor in reheating is to do it in a manner that reduces
meat exposure to air movement (drying).

Brick has spent a lot of time researching vacuum system bags and costs, etc.
and can give you more info.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com