Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Shen[_2_] Shen[_2_] is offline

Default Wu Yi Yan Cha Bing - A Lush Oolong! And The Smoothest Nai Xiang (milk) Oolong!

On Sep 17, 12:31 am, Phyll > wrote:
> On Sep 16, 3:00 pm, Shen > wrote:
>

> > My small treasure of a box arrived Wednesday from Teaspring.
> > Some more wonderful '93 loose Menghai, a Nai Xiang Oolong and a brand
> > new experience for me - an Oolong Wu Yi Cha Bing.
> > Firstly, the bing itself is quite beautiful - pressed with characters,
> > mountains, and stars and the aroma is intense - very, sweet and
> > "baking chocolate". The disk colour is deep and rich - teakwood brown
> > with tawny highlights.
> > Being quite new to this experience, I broke off a piece as I would a
> > pu-erh cha bing; although this disk is flat. Teaspring suggested using
> > 1/2 small porcelain pot of leaves and doing a 1 minute infusion at
> > oolong temp.
> > This wonder of a tea held up strongly to multiple infusions becoming
> > toastier, more chocolate and sweeter.
> > The tea is a quite a bargain $9.90 and I'm assuming it will last for
> > quite a while.
> > I have to admit - this may just become my very favourite Autumn
> > indulgence!
> > Also, in this box, Nai Xiang Oolong. This one is probably with
> > smoothest of the "milk" oolongs I've tastes and the flavour, although
> > very delicate, more pristine and clear in the "milky/silky" tones.
> > A lovely soft green and very sweet with virtually no rough green
> > vegetal edges. Small leaves and a refreshing sweetness that did not
> > diminish with multiple infusions.
> > I've tried two "silk" Oolongs from red Blossom and the Taiwan version
> > was much more pronounced a flavour.
> > I had been particularly fond of the "Milk Oolong" from Holy Mountain
> > since the flavour was so pronounced. But, both Red Blossoms' "Taiwan
> > Silk" and Holy Mountain's "Milk" lack the complexities and nuances of
> > sweet "milkiness" that appear in the Nai Xiang from Teaspring.
> > Shen

> Saw those two items a week or two ago and they piqued my interest.
> Haven't got around to getting it, though. I heard nai xiang is a mass
> favorite in Taiwan.

Oops. I got that all messed up - it's the bing that's roasty-toasty,
noit the Nai Xiang. Went to bed very late and just not enough tea, as
yet, to communicate clearly.
Geez....I've really got to respect my limitations! (LOL!) In other
words, don't write about a cuppa 'til I've had a potta.
Shen