Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Well, it's in!

www.davebbq.com

>>> Taht last is the controlling point. Purists be damned, ...snip

>> And may the minions of mediocrity raise their voices in agreement.

> Ah, so "it tastes _good_" is a sign of "mediocrity", eh?

Millions think McDonalds is great tasting food and are satisfied with eating
it. The 'tastes good' tactic of yours is sooooo 1969, and a sadly lame
argument. Thank goodness the minions are safe because you are satisfied to
let folks continue thinking it is great stuff, and not encourage them to a
higher standard.

> "Purism" is
> the only way to glory, even if the results are crap, eh? Bullshit.

What is it, 'traditionalism' or 'purism'? And you think traditional bbq is
crap, eh? Obviously, you are a bit sensitive on the subject. Advocates of
mediocrity always lay that same silly accusation at the feet of those who
encourage excellence. I can't figure out if it is because they are too lazy
to persue excellence, or have consistently failed in their attempts at such.

> "Tradition" is the hobgoblin of tiny minds, especially WRT food. If
> tradition were the only factor, we'd all still be eating raw meat.

Wow. You do realize how silly you sound trying to push that non-sequitor
onto a ng dedicated to barbecue, don't you?

> The goal is a tasty meal. Better good food than lesser-quality
> "traditioal" crap.

And the millions served by McDonalds and Burger King agree with you. Damn
those purists and traditionalists who insist on a higher standard!!

Thanks for letting everyone know your standard of excellence; it helps when
those seeking advice know what their advisors think.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com