Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight Mydnight is offline

Default worried about pesticides in tea?

> Who knows what truly goes on in Chinese "inspections".
> Mydnight, do you know exactly what are the criteria for organic
> growing in China and if there are qualified inspectors who actually
> inspect?
> In my mind, you're probably bound to get a hellofalot more poisons in
> an FDA inspected American hot dog than you would in a cup of Chinese

In China, there are no serious inspections to see such a thing done
and any certification can be bought with the right amount of money or
copied and printed. I had lunch with someone from the 'something
something something something department of agriculture something
something position in Guangdong' (the Chinese love their titles more
than Westerners), and he avoided all conversation on this topic.

The closest thing to organic I've seen so far has been my good
friend's relatives farm where they hand pick any insects out of their
crops and use aphids. They have some excellently fresh veggies.

Tea. Drink at your own risk.