Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Shen[_2_] Shen[_2_] is offline

Default worried about pesticides in tea?

On Sep 16, 10:54 am, toci > wrote:
> On Sep 16, 6:21 am, Mydnight > wrote:
>
> > > Is the correct move to switch to organic teas? Does anyone really
> > > know if tea bushes are completely safe for consumption?

> > > Any input is highly appreciated. thanks.

> > Drink at your own risk. Organic tea from China does not exist.

> Upton has a bunch of Chineses organic teas. What is the
> "miscommunication?" Toci

I think the "miscommunication" can be the standards by which "organic"
is determined. There is a "world" standard, a US standard" and here in
California, very rigid standards.
The criteria have to do with how long the soil has been untainted, the
seeds or actual growing product untainted, the packaging untainted
etc.
And then, there is the inevitable question of actually adhering to
those criteria. Here in California, we have inspections.
Who knows what truly goes on in Chinese "inspections".
Mydnight, do you know exactly what are the criteria for organic
growing in China and if there are qualified inspectors who actually
inspect?
In my mind, you're probably bound to get a hellofalot more poisons in
an FDA inspected American hot dog than you would in a cup of Chinese
tea.
I guess it's all relative, eh?
Shen