Posted to alt.food.wine
Ronin[_5_] Ronin[_5_] is offline

Default TN I like a Rheingau more than a Rhone white (surprise, surprise)

On 2007-09-14 23:51:30 -0700, "Nils Gustaf Lindgren"
> said:

> "DaleW" > skrev i meddelandet
> ups.com...
>> ... Certainly not
>> traditional (I don't think there are salmon in the Mediterranean?),

> At all cost, avoid any unidentified salmon in Southern France. They are
> likely to be imported, Norwegian, farmed, environtmentally, distatrous
> excuses for the noble wild fish ... and taste like mud.
>
> On the whole, for salmon, I always get back to Riesling, or rarely PN.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nils

I just had a nice steelhead (sea run rainbow trout ) for lunch. Red
meat like a salmon, but a little lighter flavor and never as fatty as
the Copper River Kings. We had a nice Elk Cove Pinot Blanc that went
nicely - the body of chardonnay, but none of the heavy oak that I find
gets in the way of food sometimes. (and my spouse doesn't like the
Chardonnay grape.)

JB