Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Shrimp: farmed or wild?

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> >Do you ever boil them?
> >
> >I've honestly not tried that in a long time. I prefer them carefully
> >grilled or sauteed, but YMMV of course.

> it's been a while. where i used to live, the tiny oriental food store
> used to have head-on shrimp once in a while at a good price. (i was a
> sissy, though, and beheaded them with a cleaver before boiling. it
> was fun.) spice bag in the beer/water, homemade cocktail sauce, etc.

Sounds good. :-)

We used to be-head head on shrimp purchased directly off the docks at
the beach at Port Aransas, and fed the heads to the local seagulls. It
was fun! Those birds are good at catching them in mid-air if you toss
them up into the circling flock.

> (speaking of cleavers, om, i did finally get my kiwi knife, and it is
> nice and sharp. got a cleaver, too, since they were so cheap, but
> haven't used the cleaver much yet. but i wanted to thank you again
> for your kind offer to mail me a knife if i couldn't find it.)
>
> your pal,
> blake

Most welcome! I'm glad you were able to find that brand.
Mine holds a very sharp edge with just the occasional honing with a
straight steel.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.