Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Leoville Barton

On Sep 13, 1:10?am, "Kent" > wrote:
> "DaleW" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Sep 11, 5:18?am, "Kent" > wrote:
> >> <Ronin> wrote in t...

> >> Slightly OT, but I can't help it. A recent bottle of1970LeovilleBarton
> >> was quite wonderful, with a beautiful nose, a wonderful fruity softness,
> >> and
> >> without age related problems.

> >> Kent

> > I think the better 1970s are drinking just beautifully right now.
> > Thanks

> How much longer do you think we can hold our1970's?? Most of those we have
> had recently are pretty nice. They do taste "mature", if that's a correct
> word.
>
> Kent- Hide quoted text -

Correct indeed.

How long? I haven't had any 1970 that wasn't mature (I haven't had
Latour which might still be too young). I have de Pez, Gruaud, and
Figeac; de Pez is only one I'm in hurry on. DDC and Ducru tasted last
week still had decade + of life in them. Leo-Barton and P-Clement are
mature, but I wouldn't hold more than 5 or 6 more years personally.

Of course by 37 there is a lot of bottle variation due to corks and
storage. So others Bartons might be younger (or Ducrus more advanced).
So little help!