Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN I like a Rheingau more than a Rhone white (surprise, surprise)

On Sep 12, 4:35?pm, Doug Anderson >
wrote:
> DaleW > writes:
> > Decided to open another wine while I read an Ian Rankin novel. A
> > little reductive at first, but the funk blows off quickly

> But enough about Inspector Rebus, tell us about the wine!
>
> (more seriously, thanks for the notes.)

OT: I've always liked the Rebus books, but Dave leaves for St Andrews
this week, so I find myself puzzling more over details- is Im Bru a
soft drink or a stomach calmer, and how the hell DO you pronouce
Siobhan? Etc etc etc.

Back on topic: No wine with dinner last night (out for Chinese, good
water spinach and scallops in black pepper, fantastic pork with
pickled cabbage soup). But back at home I retried both wines. The
Texier looked dark and I thought it oxidized at first sip, but
actually liked better than previous night. Very cold straight from
fridge might have helped. The Leitz I liked if anything even better
than previous night. We'll see how it is on day 3.