Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default HATE HATE HATE SAFEWAY HATE SAFEWAY (was: Supermarket Experiences)

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> hahaha

>> The Safeway here and also some other stores now have one of those
>> annoying devices that spits your change out down at the end of the
>> counter. People who are in a hurry tend to forget to take their
>> change. Or sometimes maybe they just can't be bothered. It is
>> annoying to have to take bills in change and then walk down there
>> and get the rest of the change. I'd say at least every third time I
>> shop there, I find someone's change left behind.

> As a guy with a pocket for his change and a wallet for his bills, I
> *way* prefer those to the cashier that puts a pile of change on top
> of your bills and hands you that.

But you get your change either way. Just reach over and grab it. Sadly, I
think those automatic coin change things (which I remember as a novelty when
I was a kid in the early 1960's, then they disappeared) are becoming common
again because the "kid" cashiers can't count. (sigh)

Jill