Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blinky the Shark Blinky the Shark is offline

Default HATE HATE HATE SAFEWAY HATE SAFEWAY (was: SupermarketExperiences)

Julie Bove wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
>>> Such thievery! Only 50 cents in coin when they *actually* owe you 50
>>> cents! Bastages!
>>>

>> hahaha

> The Safeway here and also some other stores now have one of those annoying
> devices that spits your change out down at the end of the counter. People
> who are in a hurry tend to forget to take their change. Or sometimes maybe
> they just can't be bothered. It is annoying to have to take bills in change
> and then walk down there and get the rest of the change. I'd say at least
> every third time I shop there, I find someone's change left behind.

As a guy with a pocket for his change and a wallet for his bills, I
*way* prefer those to the cashier that puts a pile of change on top of your
bills and hands you that.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups