Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy blake murphy is offline

Default Did you ever use Blackbean Garlic sauce Hoisin sauce and Hoisin sauce together

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:48:49 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>When we cooked crab camping on the coast, we always did them in clean
>sea water. To me, the meat tasted sweeter. Not sure why.
>
>I may have to try boiling crab in salt water sometime here. I can look
>up the salt percentage to use. I've forgotten what I used to use to
>hatch brine shrimp for my Beta.

i live in maryland, so i'm only familiar with blues, not the brutish
dungeness or other freak species. steaming, not boiling, is the way
to go. usually a mixture of beer and water is used. seasonings are
sprinkled over the crabs over the water.

your pal,
blake