Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Did you ever use Blackbean Garlic sauce Hoisin sauce and Hoisin sauce together

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:58:21 -0600, Arri London >
> wrote:
> >

> >sf wrote:

> >> What do you think of that stuff? I found it very salty and couldn't
> >> discern a distinct mushroom flavor.
> >> --

> >Try a different brand. Just like 'plain' soy sauce they do vary.

> Not sure if I dare try another brand. This one was shockingly
> expensive for soy sauce.

Hm. I honestly don't remember what I paid at the Asian market last time,
but I bought a 500 ml. bottle. It's lasted me a good 2 years so far. ;-)

I don't recall it being particularly expensive.

There are usually a huge variety of asian sauces at a good asian
supermarket, and they are considerably less expensive than they are at
the grocery store.

Might want to explore that if you are able?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.