Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathleen[_4_] Kathleen[_4_] is offline

Default Did you ever use Blackbean Garlic sauce Hoisin sauce and Hoisinsauce together

Omelet wrote:

> In article >, sf wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:45:23 -0700, amandaF >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>It worked great in 3:1 ratio to stiry fry 2 peices of medum size
>>>chicken breast and 2/5 lb of Tiger Shrimp.

>>I use fermented black beans, garlic and onions together. My chicken
>>marinade is hoisin, soy, garlic, ginger, onion..... and the secret
>>ingredient is chinese sesame oil. I wouldn't use either one with
>>shrimp.

> I keep it simple for shrimp as well. Fry in Olive oil and butter, with
> just a little bit of garlic and salt free lemon pepper.
>
> Shrimp has enough of it's own flavor, it does not need much help. Just
> minor flavor enhancers. ;-d
>
> Sometimes I just steam it and use a hot lemon butter dip like I do with
> crab.

I like great big shrimp peeled & deveined, basted with butter, lime
juice and garlic, then grilled. Yum.

I've also tried a quick brining - "taking them back to the sea" - as one
author expounded. It was actually pretty good. It added a little salt
to the flesh and gave the texture more "bite", like lobster. If you
plan to brine your shrimp use unsalted butter in your basting sauce.